- 1 hr 35 minPrep: 20 m / Cook: 1 hr 15 m
- 12 serves
Easter Marble Cake
- 250g butter, softened
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups (335g) plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (190mL) milk
- Pink food colouring
- 1½ tbsp NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa
- 1 tbsp milk, extra
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (120g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 cup (150g) NESTLÉ Docello Calypso, melted, cooled for 5 minutes
- 1 pkt (125g) mini solid Easter eggs, unwrapped
This recipe has been provided by the team at Nestle.
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk and vanilla until thick and creamy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately with milk.
- Divide mixture among three bowls; using a few drops of pink food colouring, tint one pink; add NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa and extra milk into second mixture; leave the remaining mixture plain.
- Drop alternate spoonfuls of mixtures into prepared pan. Swirl mixture with butter knife to create a marbled effect. Bake for 1¼ hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile make Chocolate Frosting: using electric beaters, beat butter and icing sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy; add NESTLÉ Docello Calypso beat until smooth. Spread over top of cake. Decorate with Easter eggs.