- 40 min
- 8 serves
- 500g Premium Sponge Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 180mL Water
- 1 Punnet Strawberries
- 600mL Thickened Cream
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 5g Vanilla Essence
This recipe has been provided by the team at Allied Pinnacle
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line 2 x 20cm cake tins with baking paper.
- Place water and eggs into mixing bowl, followed by the Premium Sponge Mix.
- Using a whisk attachment on an electric mixer, whisk together on low speed until combined. Mix on fast speed for 10 minutes until the mixture is lump-free.
- Pour the batter evenly into the tins. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when pushed in the middle. Tip cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place thickened cream, caster sugar and vanilla essence into the mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk on fast speed until stiff peaks are formed.
- Place one sponge on cake board and then spread some of the cream onto it. Place the second cake on top and spread more cream on top.
- Using a piping nozzle, pipe some rosettes around the cake and top with strawberries.