- 40 min
- Cake Donut Mix 1000g
- Water 500ml
- Semi firm fondant 1200g
- Water 120ml
- Red colouring drops
This recipe has been provided by the team at Mauri
1. Place the Cake Donut Mix and 500ml of Water into a bowl fitted with a paddle.
2. Blend on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down.
3. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
4. Rest batter for 10 minutes before frying at 190°C.
Note: For best results adjust the water temperature to give finished batter temperature of 20-22°C. Add more dry mix to the batter if you prefer rolling mixture out on a floured bench and cutting desired shapes from it prior to frying.
Pink 'fondant' icing:
1. Mix together the fondant with the 120ml water and a couple of drops of red colouring (colour is to be a light baby pink colour).
2. Warm mixture in a saucepan over the stove to body temperature, 37°C.
3. Dip 1/3 of the fried donut into warm pink fondant and set aside on the bench.
4. Immediately sprinkle the top of the pink fondant glazed donuts with coloured sprinkles (prior to the glaze setting).