- 15 min
- 4 serves
- 1 medium cabbage (about 2 pounds), outer leaves removed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (170 grams) Heinz Classic Burger Sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Saxa Sea Salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Saxa ground black pepper or more to taste
This recipe has been provided by the team at Kraft Heinz.
- Quarter the cabbage through the core, and then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bowl (you will have 6 to 8 cups).
- Add the shredded carrot and parsley to the cabbage and toss to mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir in 1 cup Heinz Classic Burger Sauce, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Taste for acidity and seasoning then adjust as desired. Pour two-thirds of the dressing over the cabbage and carrot then mix well.
- If the coleslaw seems dry, add a little more of the dressing. Eat right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the flavours blend and the cabbage soften.