- 5 min
- 4 serves
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 30g butter, melted
- 410g can SPC peach slices in juice, drained
- Vanilla yoghurt, chopped Vienna almonds, maple syrup to serve
This recipe has been provided by the team at SPC.
- Sift flours and cinnamon together into a large jug. Stir in sugar and zest. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Break eggs into the well and whisk gently, gradually incorporating the flour. Then, slowly whisk in milk to make a smooth batter. Set aside 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Brush with a little butter. Pour in ¼ cup batter. Cook 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on surface and begin to break. Turn and cook a further 1 minute to cook through.
- Transfer to a plate and continue to cook pancakes. Layer cooked pancakes between paper towel to keep warm.
- Serve 3 pancakes per person, layered with peaches, topped with vanilla yoghurt, nuts, a sprinkling of cinnamon and drizzled with maple syrup.
If preferred, cook 2 pancakes per batch – this will depend on the size of your pan. Each pancake is about 12 cm in diameter.
- Easter and Mother’s Day brunch
- Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday
- Simple breakfast or afternoon snack