- 6-8 MISSION Traditional Pita breads
- 200g Tzatziki
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthways
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Micro herbs, optional
- Lemon wedges
This recipe has been provided by the team at Mission
- Heat ½ oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring for a few minutes until soft. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add lamb, rosemary & honey sausages, chopped oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and feta cheese, and season to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Take a heaped tablespoonful of mixture and roll it into a ball. Use all the mixture to make 16 balls.
- Heat remaining oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 6-8 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Grill one side of each MISSION Traditional Pita bread on a hot grill plate until grill lines form.
- Arrange bread grill side up on a serving plate, spread with tzatziki, top each with 2 meatballs, a few tomatoes, cucumber, onion and a sprinkle of feta.
- Sprinkle with micro herbs and serve hot with a squeeze of lemon.