- 1 hr 30 min
- 15 serves
- MAURI YRD Donut Mix 5.000kg
- MAURI Compressed Yeast OR 0.250kg MAURI Instant Dried Yeast 0.100kg
- Mixed Spice 0.060kg
- Water (Variable) 2.400 - 2.500kg
This recipe was provided by the team at Mauri
1. Dry blend the yeast and mixed spice through the MAURI YRD Donut Mix.
2. Add water.
3. Mix for 1 minute on 1st speed, scrape down.
4. Mix for a further 8-10 minutes on 1st speed, or until developed.
5. Allow a 5 minute rest.
6. Roll dough out to desired thickness (approximately 10mm), relax dough 2 to 3 times during processing. 7. Cut out 55mm rounds for the dough. Each round should weigh approximately 55g.
8. Final proof time 20-35 minutes (until volume is doubled). Settings: 75-80% humidity, 35ºC.
9. Make up the MAURI Palm Free White Cross Mix and apply to the buns.
10.Fry at 190ºC for approximately 1 minute each side, or until cooked as required.
11.Coat donuts in sugar while still warm. Note: A finished dough temperature of 27ºC is recommended.