- 1 hr 10 min
- 6 serves
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, cut in half lengthways
- 80g butter, melted
- 1/3 maple sugar
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. MasterFoods™ seeded mustard
- 1/2 tsp. MasterFoods™ nutmeg
- 1/2 MasterFoods™ cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This recipe was provided by the team at Mars.
1. Preheat oven 180°C.
2. Meanwhile, place two chopsticks either side of one of the pumpkin halves and slice all the way down, 1 cm apart each cut.
3. Repeat on the second half of the pumpkin, then insert sage leaves in the slices.
4. Place the pumpkin on a tray lined with baking paper, cut half side down.
5. Combine the butter, maple syrup, sugar, seeded mustard, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baste the pumpkin with the mix.
6. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, making sure to continue basting half-way through cooking.
7. Once baked, it’ll be tender and soft but still holding its shape. Remove from oven, re-baste and scatter the pecans over before serving.
Try adding blue cheese or crispy prosciutto a few minutes before the end of cooking. Can be a shared side dish or a main dish for any occasion.