- 5 serves
- • 2-3/4 cups crushed Rice Krispies cereal
- • 1/2 cup butter, melted
- • 2 cups frozen unsweetened berries (our Berry Go Round smoothie mix is ideal), thawed
- • 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- • 1/4 cup cold water
- • 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- • Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- • Additional mixed fresh berries, optional
This recipe has been provided by the team at Markwell
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed cereal and melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cereal mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer berry mixture to a food processor or blender; pulse until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; stir into berry mixture.
3. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and berry mixture. Transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 2 hours. If desired, top with sweetened whipped cream and additional berries.