- 1 hr
- 12 serves
- 400g Traditional Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 150mL Water
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 30g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Thickened Cream
- 2mL Vanilla Essence
This recipe has been provided by the team at Allied Pinnacle
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm square baking dish.
- Place water and egg into a mixing bowl, followed by the Traditional Cake Mix. Using an electric mixer, mix at low speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Mix on fast speed for 5 minutes, then reduce speed to medium for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce – place brown sugar, unsalted butter, thickened cream and vanilla essence into a saucepan and bring to a simmer by stirring continuously. Make the sauce just before use as it will thicken when cooled.
- Pour the sauce into the bottom of the dish. Place cake mix on top and spread evenly. Place dish onto a tray before placing into the oven as the sauce will bubble over the edge.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.