- 40mL olive oil
- 3 med red onions, chopped
- 10 shallots
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g grated ginger
- 100mL CHEF Asian Liquid Concentrate
- 6L water
- 195mL Soy sauce
- 10 star anise
- 700g Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 400g Vermicelli rice noodles
- 5 bunch Bok Choy
- 1 bunch Coriander, chopped
This recipe has been provided by the team at Nestle
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions over a low heat with the lid on until transparent.
- Chop the shallots finely and keep some green back for garnish.
- Add to the onions the chopped shallots, garlic and ginger, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate pot, mix the CHEF Asian Liquid Concentrate with the water, add the star anise, soy sauce and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the star anise and pour the stock onto the onion mixture.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Cook the Vermicelli rice noodles and the bok choy in boiling water and drain.
- To serve portion the rice noodles and the bok choy to serving bowls.
- Pour over the broth and garnish with the green shallots and the coriander.